Today’s guest works with organizations to design relationship marketing strategies that are measurable and implementable.
He is a technology trends expert who uses his passion for technology, sense of history, and business strategies to help organizations use remote video and streaming technologies to build marketing that achieves business goals. He is a communicator who shares his knowledge as a speaker, virtual presenter, interviewer, author, and coach.
Since 1983 he has been a marketing and communication advisor. He earned his Certified Speaking Professional designation and is a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame. He also received the National Speakers Association's highest award, The Cavett—given to only one recipient per year.
Please join me in welcoming Terry Brock.
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is bringing out the best in the people around you. It’s inspiring them to be the best that they are willing to be.”
- when he learned to focus on other people’s goals and how he could play a role in their achievement of those goals.
- his inquisitive nature and how that serves him now, even though it may have annoyed his parents in his childhood.
- the many things he wanted to be when he grew up.
- what prompted him to get his MBA while he was working in a radio station.
- how he navigates technological advances and where he thinks the speaking industry will be very soon.
- how he secured a computer lab before he had a computer and taught himself how to use spreadsheets and later leveraging them to work with real estate professionals.
- the years he spent being mistaken as a CPA.
- his early speaking engagements and how that fueled his desire to be an entrepreneur.
- how he joined the NSA and what sparked him to immediately volunteer to make the organization better.
- how he started Stark Raving Entrepreneurs.
- the three words he uses to make decisions.
- how he shifted his audience and transitioned to entrepreneurship.
- his tools to nurture his network.
- Terry’s Costco approach to marketing.
- What he’s looking forward to in the year ahead.
Listen, subscribe and read show notes at www.OnTheSchmooze.com