Today’s guest believes human beings just want to be appreciated.
He believes that appreciation is rocket fuel to create lifelong business relationships and has built his career around this single idea. To that end, he is an 8-Time TEDx speaker and the producer of a 55-year event series for entrepreneurs, called Thank U Live. The annual gratitude experience for entrepreneurs to look back on their year, celebrate their progress, and appreciate their people.
Because of his unique approach to appreciation he has been hired to deliver keynotes on over 1,000 stages and invited to work with companies like Lululemon, LinkedIn, and Microsoft.
Please join me in welcoming Blake Fly.
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is a willingness to speak to people in an impactful way.”
- how winning the heart award at graduation impacted him because it wasn’t linked to grades but more his character.
- how listening to a training presentation in his first part-time job sparked a love for being a keynote speaker.
- his detour after college before becoming a professional speaker.
- how he prepared for his valedictorian speech for high school and the lens of appreciation that came from prepping for that experience.
- his passion for transitional moments between high school and college.
- his takeaway during the global pandemic and his scoreboard theory.
- how he nurtures and sustains the outer layers of his network.
- the importance of appreciating others and the strategy he uses to practice appreciation in his life.
- the importance of taking thoughtful risks in your business.
what he’s looking forward to in the next year.
Listen, subscribe and read show notes at www.OnTheSchmooze.com.