Today’s guest is all about building rock-solid relationships and exceeding people’s expectations.
Having an innate curiosity, she has leveraged that into building business relationships and teaches others how to do the same. Her passion is working with people who want to build their businesses through relationship marketing and networking. She shares online and offline strategies to build and sustain solid relationships with past, present, and future customers that lead to more sales and more referrals.
She is the host of the Relationships Rule podcast, interviewing people who share her value of the importance of relationships - and nurturing them.
Please join me in welcoming Janice Porter.
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is being able to teach people and influence them through teaching.”
- the distinction between leading and coaching.
- the dynamic of being the older child as it relates to expectations put upon her.
- her first teaching job and realizing what an enormous responsibility it was.
- her bravery in challenging a colleague and standing up for what she believed in.
- her transition from teaching to corporate training due to finding teaching became too political.
- how she started her entrepreneurship journey after being a contractor for many years.
- how she learned to be a good networker and that experience helped her on her entrepreneurship journey.
- how she finds her ideal clients for LinkedIn strategy and how she helps her referrals.
- how she sells her services to different professional clients as opposed to Solopreneurs.
- her thoughts on LinkedIn and how it changed over the years.
- how she nurtures and sustains her network.
Listen, subscribe and read show notes at www.OnTheSchmooze.com.