Today’s guest is a serial entrepreneur that has started over 30 business ventures. While most didn’t work out he did find his passion as a mobile notary and loan signing agent.
He finds the work fulfilling because as a notary he is with people on their best days or most difficult days. He believes it takes someone special to tap into empathy and compassion while striving to build a business that has the power to change lives.
He learned the hard way that knowledge without consistent implementation is practically worthless. That’s why he became a notary coach teaching others how to start and grow their own successful notary businesses.
He's is the CEO of NotaryCoach.com and author of two bestsellers, “Sign & Thrive: How to Make Six Figures as a Mobile Notary and Loan Signing Agent,” and “SuperCharge Your Notary Business with LinkedIn.” He is also the host of the SideHustle Lounge Podcast.
Please join me in welcoming Bill Soroka.
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership starts with self. True personal leadership comes down to taking 100% responsibility for results and aligning your thoughts, words, and behaviors.”
- how solopreneurs can be impactful leaders despite working alone.
- the traps he fell into as an entrepreneur because he didn’t have the right tools in place.
- the importance of taking ownership of the things you are responsible for.
- his experience growing up pretending to be a businessman but not a very social kid.
- how learning the enneagram helped him understand himself.
- him being the shy introvert who was always motivated to be team captains by his peers.
- his desire from childhood to always be a businessman (including carrying a briefcase to school every day).
- the significance of Thanksgiving weekend for him and his business.
- his college experience and changing majors a few times.
why he shares his vulnerabilities.
- his discovery of the notary business world.
- how he has been changing the way he thinks about the notary business to inspire others.
- how systematizing his business helped him nail his business so that he could scale it into what it is today.
- how he nurtures and sustains his network using network stacking.
Listen, subscribe and read show notes at www.OnTheSchmooze.com.