Today’s guest is a Certified Virtual Event Professional who clears the tech headache from virtual events so his clients can deliver an engaging message.
As the founder of Calm Clear Communications, he produces virtual events for professional organizations. He has over 25 years of experience supporting business communication and technology strategy and has worked with corporate executives, compliance officers, and small businesses. He excels at engagingly conveying complex concepts.
He is involved in TEDxDetroit and Toastmasters, and hosts “Calm Clear Conversations” a LinkedIn Live interview show. To round out his modern Renaissance man talents, he is also a professional voice actor.
Please join me in welcoming Christopher G. Johnson.
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is the ability to teach, engage, nurture, and help others to grow.”
- how being engaged changes the way he shows up.
- why he selected Architecture as his focus of study in high school and how that led to finding his passion in technology.
- his throughline of helping people with technology issues and how that is the cornerstone of his leadership style.
- his start in a local radio station and how that sparked a journey into learning about sports.
- when the pandemic shuttered his IT auditing business.
- how having a deep understanding of technology helped to build his confidence when starting his own business.
- realizing that supporting his clients is not the only part of running a business - he had to be the CEO.
- why he chose to sign up for Robbie’s Wake Up Your Network Mastermind.
- the difference between yes, no, and nuance when asking questions.
- why continued learning is his favorite part of being an entrepreneur.
- how he nurtures and sustains the outer layers of his network.
Listen, subscribe and read show notes at www.OnTheSchmooze.com.