Today’s guest is a serial entrepreneur and conscious explorer.
During the pandemic, she launched Quantum Surfing, a powerful mix of neuroscience, quantum mechanics, and applied enlightenment—spiritual principles grounded in science so they're repeatable. She helps visionary entrepreneurs predictably create lucky outcomes, get the clarity to execute swiftly, and have the mindset to step into next-level impact. It’s a revolutionary method for success in life and business.
She has also founded Tavola Villa in Fiji—her living dream of a global sanctuary for people to be recharged by the wild and soulful islands that have captured her own heart. There she hosts Stillness Retreats, combining the mysticism of Fiji, the rebel spirit of Silicon Valley, and the transformative inventiveness of the story.
Please join me in welcoming Monica Laurence.
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is not only leading yourself but having a vision where you’re inviting others to be on the journey with you in a way that brings them to life.”
- how setting people free to make choices and how that creates an amazing leadership experience.
- her first taste of leadership from being the oldest child and the oldest grandchild of 25.
- the perspective of leadership as a young girl and being called “bossy”.
- her desire to be a fashion designer and how she ultimately became a computer scientist.
- her passion for connecting with people and how that led to her returning to business school focusing on strategy and entertainment.
- how she seized an opportunity to work at Lucas Films.
how working in a startup let her create a structure of working that worked for her and her family.
- why she created Quantum Surfing, a mindset training for entrepreneurs.
- the many different influences on how she has created her framework.
- the connection between mindset work and surfing.
how “unusual experiences” can begin to make sense.
- how she bought a resort right before the pandemic and ended up staying in Fiji for almost two years.
- what she’s looking forward to in the next year.
Listen, subscribe and read show notes at www.OnTheSchmooze.com.